- Higher perceived value than other forms of branding.
- The branding becomes part of the surface and is permanent.
- Gives a similar finish to etching on glassware at a much lower cost.
- Can mark curved or uneven products.
- Can produce variable data including individual names.
- The product can be shipped as soon as marking is finished
- The size of branding areas is limited to curved surfaces.
- Fine detail can be lost on smaller products like pens.
- The artwork should be supplied in vector format.